Scalloway has plenty of public events, all year around, to either spectate or get involved in.
(Click on titles for more information, where available)
- The Scalloway Fire Festival -¬† Held in early January, this is the first fire festival of Shetland’s annual fire festival season which runs from January to March. The Scalloway Fire Festival is like the internationally well-known Up Helly Aa festival held in the main town of Lerwick.
- The Scalloway Gala - a three day range of events in July, including live music, a carnival procession and street party.
- Scalloway Regatta – Sailing and rowing races organised by the Scalloway Boating Club.
- Stars in Their Eyes - is a highly acclaimed local charity event, now run on two consecutive evenings in December, features local performers mimicking their favourite celebrities in homage to the UK TV show of similar name. Features music and comedy.
- There are many more smaller events throughout the year.